WEBINAR: How can counties engage complete count committees and partner on outreach in these critical final months?
NEW DATE! Thursday, August 13, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Update! Statement from U.S. Census Bureau:
2020 data collection will end by September 30, 2020
At 71.8%, Minnesota leads the country in 2020 Census self-response rates. As the census moves into a new phase of operations with door-knocking beginning on August 11, what will the role of local governments and complete count committees be?
The Association of Minnesota Counties is partnering with the League of Minnesota Cities and the Minnesota Association of Townships to offer a free webinar on August 13 to help answer your census questions! Speakers from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Minnesota State Demographic Center will provide overall context for the census, explain the role of the demographic center, and review tools available to local governments that will help you to engage residents during these critical final months.
Take part in this online session to:
- Hear updates on census operations and response rates.
- Learn communication strategies to reach your community.
- Get resources to help your outreach efforts, including social media messages and best practices from cities and counties.
- Gain an understanding of how virtual gatherings and telephone outreach are helping to sustain Minnesota’s census response.
Does your county have questions about the 2020 Census?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer as many as time allows. You’ll also be able to ask questions during the webinar.
- Presenters: Maureen Schriner, Media Specialist, U.S. Census Bureau; David Wakely, Assistant Director of Census Operations and Engagement, Minnesota State Demographic Center
- Moderator: Heather Bandeen, Research & Program Development Manager, Association of Minnesota Counties
- Audience: Communications staff and Complete Count Committee members
- Fee: Free of charge but registration is required.
- Date/Time: August 13 —12-1 p.m.
A recording of this webinar will be available by August 14.
You will be participating via the internet using GoToWebinar. An email confirmation with instructions to join the session will be sent after registration is completed. Please note: if you don’t receive your email, check your junk or spam folders.