2020 Election Results from the County Perspective*Totals as of 11/17/2020, results not yet certified and recounts may still be possible.
There will be at least 69 new county commissioners in Minnesota in 2021. The total number remains in flux because there are a few races that are within the margin for a potential recount.
- 245 county seats were up for re-election.
- 40 incumbents elected not to run again.
- 2 incumbents were defeated in primary challenges.
- Initial results indicate that 25 incumbents were defeated in the general election.
- Full election results can be found on the Minnesota Secretary of State’s website at https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/