Application deadline: Thursday, January 3, 2019
Do you have a special community project that you have worked on in your 4-H club or in a smaller project group in your county? If YES....consider applying for this award! The Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) will select two projects that will each receive $500.
Every year, the Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) selects two 4-H club projects to receive awards of $500, in recognition for their contributions and service to their communities. These projects must have responded to real community needs, have had a great impact, and been driven by youth. The awards will be presented at the annual AMC Legislative Conference on Thursday, February 14, 2019.
To recognize 4-H clubs and other organized 4-H youth development programs for outstanding contributions and service to their local communities.
- The service or leadership project must be organized by a recognized 4-H club or other recognized 4-H youth development program.
- Project must engage multiple members of the 4-H club or group and not just a few individuals or families.
- Project must have responded to real community need(s).
- Project must have been active and had impact during the 2018 calendar year.
- Youth must be involved in significant leadership roles in the project, including in the selection of the project.
- Project must demonstrate impact.
Application materials required:
- AMC 4-H Community Leadership Award Application Cover Page form (see application form)
- Summary of your project (see application form)
- Letter of support from a county commissioner or other community leader verifying he completion and effectiveness of the project
- (Optional) Copies of any additional support materials such as a more detailed description of the project, photographs, newspaper clippings, etc. Be selective.
- Completed application packet
- Deadline: Thursday, January 3, 2019
Submit by email attachment, postal service or fax to:
AMC - Heather Bandeen
125 Charles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103-2108
Phone: 651-789-4341 FAX: 1-651-224-6540
Please contact Heather with questions anytime.
The awards will be presented during the AMC Legislative Conference on Thursday, February 14, 2019. Four members of each winning project will be invited to the event to receive the award. One youth is typically asked to make a few brief comments when accepting the award. The AMC Award is a great opportunity for counties and regions to recognize its 4-H members.
Questions? Contact Heather Bandeen at email@example.com or 1-651-789-4341.