Crisis Management Leadership: Senior Officials Workshop for All-Hazards Preparedness
Download course flyer
This workshop provides a forum for senior officials to understand strategic and executive- level issues related to all-hazard disaster preparedness, to share proven strategies and best practices, and to enhance coordination among whole of community officials responsible for emergency preparedness, response, and recovery. The workshop emphasizes planning, operational coordination and public information and warning through extensive group discussions and a table-top exercise. The final outcome of the seminar is the development of an action plan to improve the preparedness posture of the community/organization.
Download course flyer
- Planning for success through utilization of the National Preparedness System, the preparedness cycle, identifying the role senior officials play in the planning process, and gaining an understanding of the importance of having plans in place that are adequate, feasible and all-hazards based.
- Effective operational coordination with emphasis on the importance of having coordinated operational structures and the integration of all critical stakeholders.
- Includes a table-top exercise designed specifically for the jurisdiction(s). The exercise incorporates community response, public information, and community resilience and recovery.
- Developing a broad action plan, based on lessons learned from the workshop, to guide future personal, departmental, and jurisdictional emergency preparedness planning.
Presenter: Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center with FEMA
Dates & Locations - 2018
- Mankato, August 16 REGISTER
University of Minnesota Extension Regional Office
1961 Premier Drive, Suite 110
- Fergus Falls, September 20 REGISTER
Lakes Country Service Cooperative
1001 E. Mount Faith
- Staples, October 11 REGISTER
Sourcewell (formerly National Joint Powers Alliance)
202 12th Street NE
- St. Paul, November 1 REGISTER
Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust (MCIT)
100 Empire Drive, Suite 100
Free of charge, but registration is required.
*Note* New Time: Coffee begins at 8:30 a.m.
Session time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.