What You Need to Know for the 2020 Census:
Organizing for a Complete Count
Now is the time to begin preparing for the 2020 Census! The Census determines how Congressional and state legislative districts are drawn. It guides the distribution of federal and state money to local communities. And, of course, it gives us the data that we all rely on to make important policy decisions.
This workshop will give you everything you need to promote the Census in your community. In this joint session with Minnesota cities and counties, learn the best strategies for reaching hard-to-count residents. Walk away with best practices, data tools, and a concrete plan for promoting a complete and accurate 2020 Census. There will also be opportunities to share ideas and coordinate your efforts with neighboring communities.
Presenter: Susan Brower, Minnesota State Demographer
Susan Brower is the Minnesota State Demographer and directs the MN State Demographic Center. Susan became the State Demographer in February 2012. She regularly talks with Minnesotans about the new social and economic realities connected to the state's economy and workforce, education, health, immigration and rural population changes.
Susan earned her Ph.D. in sociology at the University of Michigan, specializing in demography and family sociology. She also holds a master's degree in public policy from Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Dates & Locations - 2018
- Rochester, January 24 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Southeast Service Cooperative and Wood Lake Meeting Center
210 Wood Lake Drive SE
- Staples, January 31 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
National Joint Powers Alliance
202 12th Street NE
- Sartell, February 1 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Resource Training & Solutions
137 23rd Street South, Suite 201
- St. Paul, February 8 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust (MCIT)
100 Empire Drive, Suite 100
- Thief River Falls, March 7 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Northwest Service Cooperative
114 W 1st Street
- Fergus Falls, March 8 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Lakes Country Service Cooperative
1001 E. Mount Faith
- Mountain Iron, March 21 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Northeast Service Cooperative
5525 Emerald Avenue
- Marshall, April 11 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
Southwest/West Central Service Cooperative
1420 East College Drive
- Mankato, April 12 DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER FOR THIS SITE | REGISTER
University of Minnesota Extension Regional Office
1961 Premier Drive, Suite 110
Free of charge, but registration is required.
Check-in window begins at 9:30 a.m.
Session time: 10:00 – 4:00 p.m.