What You Need to Know for the 2020 Census: Organizing for a Complete Count
The Census 2020 is coming. This workshop will focus on learning about the future of Minnesota and how the 2020 Census will affect legislative seats, the allocation of federal and state money, and useful data for making decisions.
A complete, accurate census count will ensure your community has the maximum visibility and voice in the coming decade. In this joint session with Minnesota cities and counties, learn about the importance of Complete Count Committees and the best strategies for organizing! Walk away with concrete best practices, tools, and action ideas to mobilize every resident in your jurisdiction to be counted.
- Gain a better understanding of the 2020 Census
- Create Complete Count Committees with city and county partners
- Develop a timeline with important steps to begin now
- Receive access to Census 2020 planning tools and resources
Presenter: Susan Brower, Minnesota State Demographer
Dates & Locations - 2018
- Rochester, January 24 REGISTER
Southeast Service Cooperative and Wood Lake Meeting Center
210 Wood Lake Drive SE
- Staples, January 31 REGISTER
National Joint Powers Alliance
202 12th Street NE
- Sartell, February 1 REGISTER
Resource Training & Solutions
137 23rd Street South, Suite 201
- St. Paul, February 8 REGISTER
Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust (MCIT)
100 Empire Drive, Suite 100
- Thief River Falls, March 7 REGISTER
Northwest Service Cooperative
114 W 1st Street
- Fergus Falls, March 8 REGISTER
Lakes Country Service Cooperative
1001 E. Mount Faith
- Mountain Iron, March 21 REGISTER
Northeast Service Cooperative
5525 Emerald Avenue
- Marshall, April 11 REGISTER
Southwest/West Central Service Cooperative
1420 East College Drive
- Mankato, April 12 REGISTER
University of Minnesota Extension Regional Office
1961 Premier Drive, Suite 110
Free of charge, but registration is required.
Check-in window begins at 9:30 a.m.
Session time: 10:00 – 4:00 p.m.